- Carrier Class Edge Switch 576Gbps, Full Wired Speed,
- Non-Blocking Architecture Supports 144/288 x GE
- ports or 24 x 10GE ports
E7508 is the high efficient multilayer switch that fulfills the HA (high availability) and resilience requirements expected from the enterprise network backbone or Telco’s network edge equipment. As the customer demands arise you can equip the system with GE and 10GE interface modules in gradual fashion so that the system can provide 576Mbps of switching capacity and 428Mpps throughput.
The switching and control part and power supply modules in the system are redundantly constructed with active-standby structure, which are accompanied by virtualization technology.
As an Edge grade switching platform E7508 supports the latest versions of unicast and multicast routing protocols for effectiveinterworking with other facing networks. And with the high density service interfaces of 144GE/288GE ports E7508 can be directly associated with public network or construct its own network by building up local loop.
In order to effectively process the various types of traffic which are generated from the different user segments E7508 has adopted sophisticated QoS technology and policy rules. These implementation along with Netflow monitoring tools which is enabled by using an independent NP(Network Processor) can achieve the best optimized traffic processing quality.
Flexible structure and operation
- High level of service reliability and resiliency is achieved by introducing redundancy scheme to construct Control and Switching parts combined with combinational power backup configuration.
- Due to the scalable expansion with smaller module, which provides better granularity, as per the expensive interface slots, the initial CAPEX burden can be addressed.
- All the duplex modules in the system support Hot swapping which enables non-stop operation while replacing any faulty module for repair.
- IEEE 802.3ad LACP supports to overcome the limitation on the bandwidth in-between hosts and improve resilience as a whole.
- BFD (Bidirectional Forwarding Detection) detects quickly any faults between forwarding engines without affecting negatively upon system performance.
- VRRP (Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol) is adopted to achieve the improved system reliability.
- IEEE 802.1p based prioritization is implemented to process data traffic per its characteristics.
- CoS (Class of Service) classification which can be configured by administrator is available.
- 8 process queues are maintained per individual port, and the scheduling algorithms of SPQ, SDWRR, SPQ+SDWRR apply to each process queue. Secure Control Technology
- 256 flow classification to CPU, Traffic to CPU rate-limit, 8 CPU queue
- With respect to egress traffic, rate shaping function can be applied to either port or process queue by unit of 1Mbps while guaranteeing the minimum bandwidth.
- DSCP marking and remarking are enabled.
- Traffic Metering and Counting
- Single rate Three Color Marking(srTCM) and Two rate Three Color Marking (trTCM)
- Byte/Packet Counter
- QoS Remarking
- Ingress/Egress Metering and Counting
Layer 3 routing function
- Static routing configurations for IPv4/v6 are available.
- RIPv1/RIPv2/RIPng, OSPFv2/OSPFv3, BGP4 protocols are available.
- By use of PBR function the effective routing per traffic characteristics and the load balancing per ECMP (up to 8 paths) can be executed.
- Multicast protocols like IGMPv2/v3(Internet Group Management Protocol), IGMP snooping, PIM(Protocol Independent Multicast),
- MLDv1/v2(Multicast Listener Discovery), and MLD snooping are supported.
- LER functionality for L3VPN
- RFC 2547bis, L3VPN based on IP over MPLS tunnels
- IP BGP VPN, L3VPN based on IP in IP, IP over GRE tunnels
- IP Multicast VPN
- Multi-Protocol Label Switching
- Ingress/Egress LER
- Intermediate LSR, label swapping and MPLS proxy
- E-LSP, L-LSP forwarding and QoS assignment
- Fast Re-Route
- VPWS(Virtual Private Wire Service) is enabled to support Ethernet based point-to-point communication within IP/MPLS network.
- VPLS(Virtual Private LAN Service) supports to make Ethernet Broadcast Domain shared among sites so that it can enable multipoint-to-multipoint communication within IP/MPLS network.
Layer 2 switching function
- IEEE 802.1q VLAN is available.
- Port mirroring function supports to provide the packet from any specific port to another specified port so as to analyze.
- Loop detection function is available.
- IEEE 802.1d Spanning Tree Protocol and 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol and MSTP are used to re-construct the traffic path in case the path has got problem.
- To effectively control the flooding of multicast packets IGMP snooping function can be utilized.
- RADIUS and TACACS+ servers are available for remote authentication.
- The system can initially prevent harmful traffic by use of ACL (Access Control List):
- L2/L3/L4 and user define field lookup for IPv4/6
- Ingress PCL / Egress PCL
- The system supports Control Plane Policing functions against TCP SYN attack, packet with Illegal address and illegal L4 header (TCP flag zero, and TCP/UDP port zero.)
- Both telnet and direct connection via console port are available for configuring operation environment.
- The protocols including SNMPv1/v2/v3(MIB I, II), CLI(Command Line Interface), and RMON (Remote Network Monitoring) for remote and local O&M activities are implemented
- Automatic Shutdown function is activated in case any sub unit would be overheated and go beyond prearranged temperature limit.
- For better system operation NetFlow functionality is available for monitoring and sampling traffic which is implemented by adopting an NP solely for this purpose.
System Architecture & Console
.144-Ports 1000Base-X (SFP) or 100Base-FX(SFP) .144-Ports 10/100/1000Base-Tx .24-Ports 10G Base-R . 4 Power Module either in AC or DC (Optional)
2 GB Main Memory, 128MB Flash Memory
19 Rack Mount Type: - 482mm(H)x577mm(W)x433mm(D)
DC ( Hot-swappable and Redundantly configured as N+1, N+N) DC source: -48 VDC
576 Gbps non-blocking
428 Mpps wire-speed L2/L3 Switching/Routing
Up to 32K MAC Management
Up to 4K VLAN Private VLAN, 802.1Q Tag VLAN (Max 4K Tag VLAN) Link Aggregation (802.3ad) : 255 group, Max 8port/group
Services and Features
RIP v1/v2, BGP v4, Static, OSPFv2/OSPFv3 Default gateway, Multiple Default gateway, MPLS, MPLS VPN Loop-back interface, VRRP
Filtering, Security & QoS
IEEE 802.1x support IEEE 802.1p QoS, ToS, Diff-serv support Congestion Management Virus Filtering : DoS prevention, Warm virus Filtering Subscriber Traffic control by ACLs (Access Control Lists)
Hardware-based Rate Limiting Rate Limiting : 1Mbps per Gigabit port Egress Traffic Shaping per Port Ingress Traffic Policing per Flow/Packet
SNMP v1/v2/v3, RMON, MIB-I/II NetFlow, Remote S/W Upgrade, Telnet, TFTP, FTP Port Mirroring CLI, Syslog, Access level control for administrator, RADIUS, TACACS+, SSH
STP(802.1D), RSTP(802.1w), MSTP(802.1s) DHCP server & relay NTP (Network Time protocol) server & Client Jumbo Frame packet support : 10290byte (Giga)
IGMP v1, v2, v3, IGMP snooping, IGMP snooping fast leave, IGMP snooping suppression, IGMP proxy PIM-SM, PIM-SSM